Monday, June 4, 2012

Work

So this week I have been running around like a crazy person.  Between school, Eagle Scout Project, and getting ready for New Student Conference at A&M, I have felt like some kind of task-accomplishing superhero.  But then I realized...I'm just not being lazy. 

It feels really good to have goals, accomplish them, and then move on to new goals.  This whole Eagle Project process has shown me the benefits of getting things done (especially because I procrastinated up to this point.  I hope I can keep this momentum in college, I'll need it.

The task of doing good work is something man has always been given.  After the fall, the work became hard.  Work isn't evil, it's just hard.  But sometimes the hardest work is also the most fulfilling.  Every year, I go to Enchanted Rock State Park.  Enchanted Rock is not SUPER TALL, but it ain't the flats of South Texas, lemme just say.  Last time I hiked E-Rock, we took a steeper rout. 

My legs were on fire.  I hiked...and hiked......and hiked.........and...hiked...until............we finally got to the top.  The view on top is amazing.  Absolutely breathtaking.  And the breeze is a swift 20-40mph.  Once I got to the top, I looked down on the trail and thought, "Yeah, I just hiked that.  It was worth it."  That is the feeling of a job well done.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2 ESV

No comments: