Monday, March 4, 2013

Wuddup, Chumps?

So it's been a while.  Oops.

The end.

Not really.

Here we go:

Semester numero dos of Samuel's adventures in college (also known as the endless roller coaster of the best and worst days of my life).  It's not too bad.  School it kinda rough...but that's school.  It has shown me that I need to rely on God in all things though.  We'll talk about that more later.  Still living on campus, still loving rolling out of bed 20 minutes before class.  Still hating trying to choke down University Dining's poor excuse for "food".

As some of you know, I am involved in RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) which is a campus ministry here at Texas A&M.  I am getting involved in their ministry team in the upcoming fall semester.

What has this semester really taught me so far?  Well lemme tell ya;

Besides things like NaCl is a balanced compound, Moliere wrote a lot of plays, Thomas Jefferson wanted us all to be farmers, and welding is terrifying, I have learned a lot about myself and about God.

First, I went to the Relentless Men's Conference early in February.  The big message of this whole conference was in order to be a man of God, you have to be in the Word.  Wow.  I was not in the Word.  Since then I have been getting more in the Bible as much as possible (not perfectly, I'm human).  It has made so much of a difference though, I've grown closer to God personally and been so much less stressed.

Another thing I've had to learn is sometimes you just have to let go.  Sometimes there are things in life you can't control and you just have to sit back and let God take you where He will.  you can't control it so you have to trust that it's His plan.  It's rough at first, but in the end it makes everything in life easier.

As always, I am very thankful for my friends who have really become a family to me over my time here.  I can't imagine living college without them and summer is going to suck at times.  I'm so thankful that God gave me friends to build me up and hold me close to Him.  Without them I would not have made it this far and I would not be where I am.  I also would not be where I am without my family.  As I grow up and start to take on more on my own I don't drift away from my family, but I rather grow closer to them in a different way.  Distance makes the time together sweeter and age makes all that advice from earlier in life make a lot more sense.

No comments: